Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A New Book on Writing Style and Technique: What Should it Cover?

I'm at work on a how-to book on writing style and technique. I want to cover some new or little-known concepts--things like sentences having viewpoints and attitudes, structuring sentences and paragraphs for maximum communication, and "summary dialogue"--as well as more conventional topics. What I'm writing applies to both fiction and non-fiction.

It may turn into two books, one about style and the other about technique.

Either way, I am interested in what you want to know or (if you're a veteran writer) at least what you think should be in such a book. Please reply here or via E-mail to mike atsign michaelabanks dot com.

Thanks in advance!
--Mike
http://www.michaelabanks.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the Black dome, Ludlow Garage and Loves Coffee shop. Those were the days.

Anonymous said...

So sad to hear of Rick's passing. I was the Sabers equipment manager. Remember the Flying V very well. He asked me at one time to refinish. I did. Spent a lot of time at the Dome.