These books address the business aspects of writing and publishing.
- Mastering the Business of Writing, by Richard Curtis (Allworth Press, 1996)
This Business of Publishing: An Insider's View of Current Trends and Tactics, by Richard Curtis (Watson-Guptill, 1998)
- Magazine Publishing Industry, by Charles P. Daly, Patrick Henry, and Ellen Ryder (Allyn & Bacon, 1996)
- Book Business: Publishing Past, Present, and Future by Jason Epstein
- The Book Publishing Industry, by Albert N. Greco (Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2003) Every Writer's Guide to Copyright and Publishing Law, by Ellen M. Kozak (Owl Books, 2004)
- Another Life: A Memoir of Other People, by Michael Korda (Random House, 1999)
You can find most of these books at your local bookstore or at Amazon.com or other online retailers. For a few of the out-of-print titles you will have to go to eBay or a used book store.(For additional recommendations, see this list at Amazon.