Tuesday, November 25, 2008

New Ruth Lyons Biography

I've received many questions about the publication date for my biography of Ruth Lyons, titled Before Oprah: Ruth Lyons, the Woman Who Created Talk TV.

The title was originally scheduled for October (I completed the manuscript several months ago). But the publisher has decided to wait until May, in order to allow more time for production and promotion. So, the book will be released on Mother's Day, though you can order it now.
As noted before, the book has quite a bit of information about Miss Lyons that has never been published. A good number of photos will be in the book, a number of them not previously published, as well.

My apologies to those of you who had planned on it being published last month. And thanks to those in Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis, West Virginia and southern Michigan for your patience!
--Mike http//www.michaelabanks.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"You can take the girl out of Cincinnati but you can't take the Cincinnati out of the girl."

I really enjoyed the Crosley book and can hardly wait for "Ruth". The memories are just so wonderful. I guess I will just have to wait like everyone else.

Gloria

Michael A. Banks said...

Thanks, Gloria! I'm looking forward to the reactions of readers. I put a lot into the book, and I think folks will really enjoy it.
--Mike